Many conditions that affect the brain, spinal cord and peripheral nerves can be devastating for the individual concerned, and can cause difficulties with everyday movements and tasks.
Reports of pain, loss of movement and feeling, communication difficulties, eating and drinking problems, visual problems, dizziness and balance difficulties, confusion, changes in personality and behaviour, amongst other problems, may occur. These can sometimes be difficult to deal with for both the individual concerned, and their families / carers. With more serious injuries and illnesses, recovery can take months and sometimes years, and can be hard to see the potential for further improvements.
If you would like a free-call to discuss how we can help, or just to book a one-off assessment, please email us at: email@example.com or call 01789 262372. We will call you back if we miss you.
First stand and steps after 17 years
of being wheelchair bound
Functional Electrical Stimulation
(F.E.S.) - Assisting with walking
Saeboflex in Action
Most of our team has 20+ years of experience each, and include:
- Physiotherapists x 5
- An occupational therapist,
- A speech and language therapist
- A clinical neuropsychologist.
- Our physiotherapists are also trained in: pilates, tai chi and yoga and are very holistic in their approach.
- We also have a massage therapist, an acupuncturist, and clinical hypnotherapists.
- We also have access to personal trainers who work closely with us.
Together, we endeavour to help you achieve your goals using a wide variety of hands on evidence-based interventions and equipment.
Neurological Rehabilitation offers assessment, advice and support and includes:
- All conditions affecting the brain, spinal cord, neck & back, including localised nerve damage within the limbs
- Spasticity management including; soft tissue release techniques, splinting, taping, Botox injections & aftercare
- Training of balance, movement & function
- Treatment for balance problems; dizziness, vertigo, ataxia
- Chronic pain, joint & muscle problems; spasms, swelling, stiffness, weakness, altered sensation, nerve pains
- Personalised exercise programmes: incl. pilates, tai chi and yoga
- Retraining of walking
- FES - Functional Electrical Stimulation
- Saeboflex® arm re-training
- Splinting, taping & orthotics
- Posture, seating & wheelchair assessments
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Clinical Neuropsychology
- Fast access to Medical / allied Professionals
- MRI / CT scans within 7 days, where appropriate, and in collusion with your GP and / or consultant
- Treatment at home is available
Commonly treated conditions:
- Stroke (CVA)
- Spinal Injury
- Head Injury
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Cerebral palsy
- Parkinson`s Disease
- Guillain-Barré Syndrome
- Motor Neuron Disease
- Localised nerve damage
- Secondary effects of long-term immobility
- Balance / dizziness / vestibular disorders and many other conditions
Stratford Healthcare - Therapy Room
Helping you to achieve your goals